Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Semana (Week) two in Mexico

Buenos Tardes, we had an awesome week! It is my last one here in this area because of temporary transfers. I had my first convert on Saturday! Her name is Iby, 13 years old; she was a referral so my comp and I went to visit early last week. She accepted baptism the second time meeting; we were on the first lesson. It was such an awesome experience watching her grow in the gospel day by day. She lived about an hour out of where we lived so our nights basically revolved around teaching her every day last week. Her family isn't too receptive to the message but were always inviting. Her aunt is a member; she is the one who provided the referral. We had the baptismal service on Saturday; not too many family members showed unfortunately but it was still really good. On to next, its p-day today cause it was temple day. WOW, the temple is gorgeous! We traded Monday p-day for today. Early start, 4 a.m. about an hour and a half travel. I've been looking at photos of that temple constantly for a long time now, and we got there and it was like seeing your favorite celebrity. Awesome temple session, packed with 2 zones of missionaries. It has been a very busy week. It all payed off for these blessings. I'm so grateful to be here in Monterrey, I'm getting used to paying with pesos, but that's about it. Language, people and environment still leave me with a question mark stamped on my head. I'll get used to it soon enough, for now I just love where I am and am so thankful for this opportunity to serve in Mexico.
Love you all - Elder Warner.

Aerial view of Monterrey, Mexico, where Bryan will be serving his mission for the next two years!



Beautiful Monterrey, Mexico temple. Bryan's Mission President, President Romney, allows his missionaries to attend the temple once a month. Such a blessing to these missionaries...



Elder Warner with Elder Vaughn, his MTC companion! He and Elder Vaughn traveled to Mexico together and were paired with each of the Zone Leaders for two weeks before being reassigned to different areas.

Bryan, back left-hand corner of the picture with his companion, Elder Flores in front of him.
Taken at the baptism for Iby, 13 yrs old.


STILL cold! Not sure whose clothes he borrowed to keep warm, but thank you!
(His winter clothing was sent home when he left Idaho, not realizing that Mexican winters could be so brutally cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment