Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, February 14, 2011

Week three in Mexico

Hey how are you!? It keeps getting better each week, I guess it just gets better the more I get accustomed here. Still can't believe I'm here. This week was slower, my comp leaves home tomorrow and I'm out to a new area tomorrow so there wasn’t a lot of effective work to do, but still stayed plenty busy. Still shy on the Spanish but its gettin there, I realized it's not so much not knowing what the words are, it's just how everyone has a different accent and the words sound completely different. Other than that it’s starting to feel like home. We live in an area that is distant from a lot of the areas we work in so there is a lot of long bus rides and taxis. It's exactly like Cancun when one minute we're on the beach and all these hotels then 20 minutes out you're driving on long roads with occasional homes the size of an average single room on the side of the road. I have seen it all. I'm just outside the city so we catch a glimpse of city life, then we travel out to another area and it’s the complete opposite - dirt roads, dogs... everywhere, niño's playin in the streets, homes made out of that wavy fiberglass. If this place doesn’t make you humble I don’t know what would. We were in that area last night and while on that subject I'll tell a story that you may not think is so funny, but I did, so it’s all good. haha. We were contacting in that wide open area and during a contact he paused us and his buddy came up and handed him a nice large bag of what looked like green cooking spices (use your imagination, it wasn’t cooking spices). He paid him then just kept on with our conversation. It's a lot different here, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else if I could. Not because of that story, of course. But I just love the people and the culture. I’m excited to see where they send me tomorrow!

I'll be giving you all the details next week, until then love you all.

- Elder Warner

Note to his dad - "How are you doing? Man, this is incredible, dad. I can't even describe it to you. It's extremely difficult but like the quote you sent in in the Libro de Mormon, trust in the Lord in all thine works and lean not on thine own understanding. I couldn't last a day here alone. I know I am watched over and helped especially as a missionary. Thanks for your example. It helps me at the end of the day when my heels are bruised. I just wanted to throw this short message to you. The mass email will come later. Thanks again, love you..."
Elder Warner
Elder Warner crying over a bag or spilt onions!

Monterrey, Mexico Temple

Not quite sure about this picture?! Byran never explained!





Monterrey Landscape

COLD in Mexico! One of the coldest winter seasons in years! No heat in the apts. either...

No comments:

Post a Comment