Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, February 28, 2011

BAPTISM!!

Hello! How are you?! We had an awesome week, first baptism! I'll revolve the majority of the email around that. Yesterday, woke up; we're supposed to meet our investigator (Geraldo) at 8:00 a.m. for church, he didn't show. In order for a baptism they have to go to church twice, and he only went once. In my area the majority of people don't have phones, so it makes it a little difficult to find people. We finally went to church, and he showed up half way through Sacrament. We had been fasting for him, which is legit here because for Sacrament they hardly break the bread cause there are so few people so it's like a whole sandwich. Anyway, he shows. We're all singing hallelujah in our heads. We had a planned zone baptism at 6:00 where a lot of the zone and the president goes to one church. We planned to meet Geraldo at the bus station at 4:00. Ended up waiting there till 6:00 p.m.. (see my pictures to make the story more dramatic, haha) At this point we're super bummed out. So we go to his house and he is there. Him and my comp speak their jibrish language, figure things out and we head out. We then had to find a new church because it was too late for the other. So we find two other elders with a church, but we needed a bishop or president of the roma for the baptism. We waited another hour till we found one, all met up at the bus station, took a taxi to the church, waited for the two elders at a 7-11. It's now 8:00 p.m. (we're supposed to be back at the house at 9:00). They come, we drive to the church and hurry and change, then start the ceremony. Took our photos and performed the baptism. It was such an amazing experience. I was a little nervous just because his name was impossible to pronounce, and the people have two last names in Mexico. This mission has been such a blessing and amazing experience, but after last night it's something completely different, there is something so special in the fact that you just helped someone change their life. I am so thankful for this opportunity. It is such a blessing to be where I am. i know that this is the work of the Lord. I'm out of time so until next week.

Love you - Elder Warner

Dear Mother, Hey sweetheart! Side note here. How are you! I miss you my sweet mother. I hope you are doing well. I wish i could respond to your emails but I only have time to print them off and read. I'll reply next week. I got your package! Thank you so much!!! For how much they cost, keep em only for bdays and Christmas, sheesh haha. Thank you sweetie. I hope your work is going good! I love you - Elder Warner


Waiting, waiting for their investigator....

Elder Zegarra, Elder Warner and another companionship at the church before the baptism


Elder Warner, Geraldo, and his new missionary companion, Elder Zegarra (from Lima, Peru) before the baptism


Beautiful Monterrey Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment