Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, July 2, 2012

Final week of Transfers! President and Hma Romney released, President and Hma Swapp arrive

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!
That may have been one of the fastest weeks. Let's see if I can remember it all.  Well, lets start off with the baptism.  About a month ago, we contacted a house that we saw a family who was outside cooking.  We normally have to present ourselves and ask if we can shake their hand to have a face to face conversation in the contacts.  They were one of those while in mid-sentence, they just told us to open the gate and come in.  We started asking if they have met our companions before, and they said one time they were visiting her daughter.  We took it as an opportunity to return back and  see if they were interested.  When we went back, they all listened but they weren't too committed to the homework we left  (thats an easy clue to find out if they have a desire to know more or not).  When we returned again, 15 year old Jasmine read it all and  was really interested in it all.  We ended up finding out she knew a lot of the members at church which helped us out in our lessons.  Her family is very supportive and kind.  We will see if soon or the later future if they will have more of a desire to recieve the Gospel.  Pray for them please!!! (familia Martinez)
Second thing: Mission President.  Well, that was a little emotionally exhausting. I have grown to absolutely love President Romney and Sister Romney. They have been my parents here in Mexico. I know they have done all they needed to do and now it is their time to go but still it stinks.  We had a final conference with them on Thursday. It was awesome!  It wasn't so much of a goodbye, but rather getting to know them a little more. President told us a few of his funny mission stories and Sister Romney gave us all some needed advice. President left us with a blessing and they left.  As for my companion and I, we had to get everyone back to their areas so that we could  have lunch with President Romney and his wife for the last dinner for my companion.  We had an awesome authentic Mexican lunch.  My companion had his final interview and we took off (last picture with them, can you tell it's sunny?)  I am anxious to get to know President and Sister Swapp.  I was just informed that they we will have mini interviews this week. Pray for them as well, please!
Third: Well, I sent my American companion off yesterday. We were happy to work up until literally the last few minutes of his mission work here in Mexico.  It was sad for me seeing him in his last few contacts he will ever do as a representative of Christ.  Right now, he should be on the plane heading back to his family in California.  You can pray for him as well.
As for me, I am with one of the young men as my companion until tomorrow as we meet up for transfers. I will be getting the calls for the changes of the zone tonight. I love this part because its the best opportunity to mess around with them.  I send my love from a few miles away.....  Elder Warner


Dear mom,  How was your week??  Mine was good over here. I would say it was one of those little more exhausting ones, but emotionally exhausting.  My generation is up on the higher ranks so all of our friends we know are taking off home. That is fine to deal with, but I think it was a little harder for me to accept that my "parents" as of the last year and a half have completed their mission here.  It is going to be a good change though. I will really miss President and Sister Romney. I am also anxious to meet the new president and his wife.  I hope I can hear a few good words from you today.   It was weird seeing my companion go. He quite honestly couldn't discern of his feelings.  He didn't know if he was sad, excited, nervous or what. It was weird for me seeing someone on their last contacts and lessons they will ever teach.  One of my journal entries talked about this.  How I can't really imagine myself getting to that point. I don't see myself finishing anytime soon. I feel like this is my life.  What I am.  And there is so much more to do.  I think I as well, will feel very awkward knowing that I will no longer be what I have been for 2 years. I feel strange we are coming on 20 months. That's kinda old isnt it? Ahh.   Lets not talk about it.  I love you, mom.  Have a great week..... Bry



 Elder Warner and the two people he has loved most on his mission - Pres and Hma Romney.  Picture taken right before they were released as Mission Presidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment