Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy May!! Good Morning! How are we doing??
I can hardly believe we've snuck into May. Nearly half way through the year!
This week was sa-weeet. We got done with Zone Conferences, had some rain throughout the week, and burned a shirt for the 18 month mark.

Zone Conference was awesome. I would say I was a tad nervous before hand, but when we got up to capacitate it all, it all felt natural.  We had two, 2-hour capacitations, one talking on the Vineyard of the Lord - how He has prepared many people to receive us in each of our areas, and how we can find, recognize and teach them.  The other one was about how we, as missionaries, obtain the keys to eternal life — and the importance of inviting everyone possible to share these keys with us through invitation.  We put an example to start off, by having a janitor's set of keys (20-30 keys) with only one that opened a chapel door.  We showed all the missionaries which was the key to open the door and gave Sister Romney, our Mission President's wife, 20 seconds to open the door not knowing which was the key ( she failed ).  It helped us understand that the people we love most are searching for this key but can only find it through us.  As we all watched poor Sister Romney struggle to find it on the other side of the door, no one offered to help her.  They understood the importance of inviting and helping others with what we have and know.   The other one we started by placing 6 pears on a table. Asking which one is ripe (Unnoticeable in a pear without feeling it ). Although we can visibly see those who are ready to accept, we have to talk with everyone to feel if they are truly prepared.   We had fun, ate lasagna (amazing) and got out to work after.   Perhaps my favorite part of it was listening to Sister Romney's words.   She expressed how when Elder Bednar came, they had a meeting with him afterwards. Elder Bednar expressed how the biggest concern of the Prophet and Quorum of the Twelve is that the members aren't converted.  She mentioned a little about the political news with Mitt Romney, how Elder Bednar mentioned that in these future times, "All Hell is going to break loose".  That Satan in these latter days is going to release "his wrath" and that if these members aren't converted, we will fall.  It made me think of how many of us are REALLY converted into the Gospel of Jesus Christ?  In this email I looked forward to making an invitation to those who read it.   Ask yourself if you are truly converted.  What does it mean to be truly converted?  How am I acting upon it? What can I do better? etc..  Search the Book of Mormon, write down personal experiences, personal explanations on a piece of paper. And apply it.  The council from our leaders is that we need to start preparing.   I love you all, and I'd love to hear comments about this invitation from a few. It could help some of the members here.
Elder W


HEY MOM!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING!!! 
Can you believe Mothers day has come up so soon?!? It brings me back to last year how incredible it was being able to talk to you for the first time in forever. Makes me really sad, knowing this is the last calling experience we have. But it will be amazing!!!  I'm trying to set up everything.  I would like to do Skype.  Worst case I give you guys a call on Saturday or Sunday.  It just will be difficult cause we have a few meetings with the Stake President and Mission President on Sunday.  I wish I could give you a sure date.  But we all know it works out in the end.  My companion's family won't be able to on Sunday he thinks, so we're leaning for more of Saturday. 
So how was your week?  I got your amazing package safe and sound!! That was awesome timing and very convenient. Loved the jump day gifts! You're a sweetie. I'm waiting to open the others on Friday for my birthday. Thank you so much for these gifts!! They are more than I can ask for.  As you can see, my companion won the wish bone. He wished that we will have a baptism next week haha. We will see what happens.  Well, things are going incredible. I look very forward to this week,  I'm so excited!!!  Keep being the mom you are!  You're the best!!  Bryan








No comments:

Post a Comment