Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 1 of new Transfer - Still in Acuna


Good Morning Everyone!!!
Without much of an explanation, today is an awesome day. And will be an awesome week. Well, to start off I will let you in on the details for this new change. I'm still here, but they sent my last companion to Monterrey and my new companion, Elder G. got shipped out here. He is from Hidalgo, Mexico, just turned 20 and has a few more months than I do on the mission.

".....I have had an awesome experience of having the Lord tell me that THIS is my mission. I was able to realize this past week that the Lord has called me on a personal mission. I thought about ever since the President threw me up to Senior companion, I have had to depend so much on the Lord with my given circumstances and companions. I could say I have struggled with each of them but the word wouldn't fit right, rather I have grown immensely from each of them.

With this I want to share a few of my personal studies lately:
In the January Ensign, the first article on page 4 has impacted how I (COULD) SEE THINGS. This whole article talks on attitude. I would like to share a few lines but I only have it in Spanish so we'll see if it turns out.
First, it talks about the mental attitude, how "changing your mental attitude, can change the exterior aspect of your life".
With this attitude daily, will "determine the success or the fall" of what we do daily.
"The extraordinary part is that everyday we can decide what attitude we will have this day"!!!
I do know for a fact that it is all based around this mental attitude, and that the success of missionary work is hand in hand with how you place your perspective on the trials, challenges and joyful moments.
One simple scripture demonstrates what the Lord has in store for each of us. And how, no matter how difficult it may be, it will never amount to what our Savior went through:
D&C 122:7 - "And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or the hands of murderers and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if though be cast into the deep, if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness and all the elements combine to hedge up the way, and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that ALL THESE THINGS SHALL GIVE THEE EXPERIENCE AND SHALL BE FOR YOUR GOOD..
8 - The Son of Man hath decended below them all; art thou greater than he?"
I know that everything we are given is for our benefit.

Hopefully, you haven't fallen asleep from the length of the email. I love you all!
Elder Warner



Journal entry on 01/21/12: "I'd like to write about attitude so I can uncover what my perspective is on it. Attitude, as I see it, is one's determination of expressing hope. Attitude is the form of acting from the developed result, being good or bad. Attitude is the solution of discouragement, the vaccine to conquering trials. To me, attitude reflects the character of someone - their talented gifts, but as well mirrors their weaknesses. The attitude, just might be the answer to everything. The cure to any concern. The strongest form of placing an example without using any words, would be the light that shines from the accountability of one's attitude. 'You too, will pass through the trial of not seeing immediate results. And how you respond will say more about you than had you had success week after week.' Whatever happens in any occasion is supposed to happen. It just all determines on what you make of it."

Journal Entry on 01/11/12: "On this same day last year, I shipped out of the MTC and took a fresh, long breath of missionary air. More than anything I remember that evening, walking with my companion, two by two, the shivering cold streets with the biggest smile on my face. Feeling what it was to walk in the homes of God's children with a life-saving message. I'll never forget what I felt that night - the reality of my sacred calling. From this day, I saw the world as what I never had before. People weren't just people. Families weren't just a group of persons. Life isn't just a timed course of living. It was almost as if that night, life made perfect sense to me, the scattered puzzle pieces fit some perfectly. That night changed my life around simple from the feelings I felt as we walked the grounds of the mission field."

Journal entry on 01/12/12: "My companion and I have been studying about Diligence. A phrase that really called my attention is, "Do many good things of your own free will", saying that before your leaders or anyone tell you to do anything, have it done or be doing it already (D&C 58:27). Sometimes, we're conscious of what we need to do, but wait around on others to create the mode of action. The person you are reflects the actions you make when no one is watching and/or when you do that which is expected, without the given instructions."

No comments:

Post a Comment