Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Letters and Package from Mexico!

This week our family received a Christmas package and letters from our Elder! It was so fun to hear from him and receive our presents that he had hand picked for each of us from Mexico. He never even mentioned to us that we were even getting a package, so it was a big surprise. Below are some of the words he shared with us in his letters:

My family - Feliz Navidad!
I wish you all a merry, merry Christmas! What a special time to celebrate the life of our Savior but also to celebrate the incredible family we have! We are all so blessed for everything we have! I love you all so much. I wish you a happy holiday (try not to miss me too much) and I send my love from a few miles away.
Your Mexican son and brother - Elder Warner

My sweet mother!
It was just a few hours ago that I heard your voice! It's one of my favorite parts of my mission! You still sound the same - the same perfect, sweet little mother I've had all my life. How exciting it was to hear your voice again. Well, here's to another Merry Christmas from your missionary son. I truly love this time of year! I noticed that the members treated us different yesterday, supposing we were really homesick and I thought about it for a minute, thinking - where is there room to be homesick?! This is the best Christmas I've lived in the twenty years of my life! I'm going to have the rest of my life to spend this day with my literal family. The only reason to be sad is that this is the last opportunity to rejoice in such a special day with my family here in Mexico.
I remember hearing once that the best Christmas' are those away from home because of the memories you are able to carry with you. I would say that it's true. I've never been so full-hearted. Grateful to be serving the one that the world celebrates. There is something special about being away from those you love so dearly on such a special day. It really makes you realize what everything is all about. What an opportunity!
I love my Mexican family. They are a part of me now. I would spend every Christmas with them if I could.
I love you so much sweet mother. I'm so grateful to have you in my life and to have you as such a huge support right now. I'll be home before you know it. MERRY CHRISTMAS! We'll see you next year. Elder Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment