Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 6 - New Transfer!




Hello everyone! Well, we are at the end of another transfer. Wow, I'm tired. I always look forward to a fresh transfer, a fresh start. More than anything in this previous transfer, I learned a lot of attributes. Nothing close to perfecting them, but rather realizing the importance of each and praying constantly to obtain them. One of the things I am most grateful for that I have learned, is how many of people are ready to make covenents with the Lord, to recieve our message. This has been a really large focus for my companion and I, but, of course it takes a LOT to find these people. When I talk about obtaining attributes, I refer to Faith, Hope, Attitude and Diligence. How can these things be so hard to apply at times? To speak my honest feelings, I fear failing. And when I fail, I fear trying it again. I have glued, nailed, posted, stamped and tied the word, 'Hope' into my mind but in various times it seems to slip. I have been blessed to realize what I need to be better. I have tried methods of yelling at 6:30 in the morning, how many of God's chosen children we will find in that day! It's not the prettiest alarm clock for my companion but it helps with our attitude from the start of the morning, until we walk in the doors at night.

I have been thinking a lot about the temple lately. It has been over half a year since I've entered those doors and I can't explain to tell you how much I miss it! The people here are jaw droppen to hear that we have seen the Salt Lake temple. I love telling them it takes me 20 minutes on my bike to be on those hallowed grounds.

I love being a MISSIONARY! I remember the chills when I put on my name tag for the first few weeks in the MTC, and I can say that that hasn't changed. Only the letters are more faded and where once was white, it is a creamy yellow now. I share these difficult experiences because what would I be learning if I didnt struggle? I love it, I love it, I love it. And here we go again tomorrow!
Take care, Elder Warner


No comments:

Post a Comment