Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, October 10, 2011




Hey all! What a faith trying week!  Here I go.  We have our investigator, the one I said will be in baptism clothes last week.  We taught, verified, rejoiced, made invitations and prepared for her baptism.   She was so excited.  We all got to church.  Her mother was able to come with her.  Ended sacrament meeting and suddenly everything turned around.  Her mom spoke for her, as she told us that her daughter isn't prepared and that they have to leave.  We sat there and wondered, what just happened.  It was like this dream just dropped and shattered.  We tried talking to her but her mom took off.  We still don't fully understand why.  Well, afterwards we tried figuring out the sudden change, prayed and waited.  We felt like she would realize that she is ready, so we prayed more, continued to fill the baptism font and lay out all the baptism clothes and sat outside during the meetings and waited.  Time passed and she never showed up.  The church serviced ended and we had to get back to work to find more.


Tuesday we had interviews with the President and he gave my companion and I an assignment, saying, "If President Monson were to call you and tell you," Elders, I have felt inspired to tell you that you have to search and find ways of how you can baptize every week, what will you do?"  Alot of the pain is feeling like we let the Lord down.  But we have to keep going to fulfill this assignment.


That's a lot of our week.  Besides that, we have electricity again.  Except for now, we don't have water.  We have to walk to member's houses to fill up a bucket to shower!  It's all good.


I read something I want to share with all those who have a mother.  When Christ was on earth he often called his mother, Woman. To explain, "woman" as applied by a son to his mother may sound to our ears somewhat harsh, if not disrespectful, but it's use was really an expression of opposite import. To every son, the mother ought to be the only woman in the world to whom the son owes his earthly existance and though the title "mother" belongs to every woman who has earned the honors of maternity, yet to no child is there more than one woman whom by natural right he can address by that title of respectful acknowledgement. LOVE YOUR MOTHER.  She should be the most important woman in your life.


Here's for the week in Monclova,
Love you all - Elder Warner


Dear Mom,
Hey love! How are you doing!!  Well, first I want to thank you millions for the wonderful package I recieved safe and sound last week!  Love the shoes! I'll use them for Sundays until these ones are unusable. I loved everything in the package!!  Thank you for it all.  I feel really wierd seeing one year mark things. I could have sworn I was just recieving over the hump cards in the MTC!  Loved your quote from Elder Holland.  As you could imagine it applied exactly to how I feel this week.  Thanks for knowing how to lift me up even when you don't know I'm down. I hope I don't ever sound like I'm depressed or tired in my emails!  I just tell it how it is.  There is no greater blessing I have then the Lords trust in me to allow me to suffer and learn from every situation on my mission.  I liked your section when you talked about the good things at home and how I'm showering in buckets. I have thought about your words and have realized that I fear going back home and living so easily. I can't explain exactly what I mean, but the mission is who I am.  I have become these people. It's what feels normal to me, in my comfort zone. I think about how at home we can sleep with out sweating quite literally cups of water, and being able to wake up and shower in a pleasing temperature, whenever you want.  There really is nothing that we don't have at the home.  Yes, General Conference was really good.  Ahh, seeing that beautiful building that I have grown up with.  I love where I am.   I wouldn't be anywhere else. I hope you're doing awesome.  I love you and pray for you.
You are my sweetheart!   Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment