Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, August 22, 2011

Week Three in Monclova

Hey Everyone! how are you all doing? Well, there are a few things that this week brought. I will get the ugly out of the way. We had a really, really good investigator that showed up for church (read the journal entry in the last picture below). We visited with her twice, on Tuesday and Wednesday. The second time we saw her, we taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end). We invited her to be baptised and the first time she didnt accept so we had her pray and ask if she should be baptised this Sunday. She accepted after her prayer. It was a really powerful lesson that we walked away from with huge smiles. Each day afterwards, we passed by her house multiple times and never found her. On Saturday the returned Sister missionary visited her house and found her. Our investigator told her that she would be at church the next day. We passed by back and forth Sunday morning but never found her. The light and air was on in her house, so with what we have experienced in the past, we think it might be her husband not allowing her to leave. It's been hard accepting these fallen miracles but each day is a new one.

Well for today, I should be getting a new companion tomorrow. There was another summer missionary (a local young man that is near mission age and getting ready to put his mission papers in, who goes out and serves with the full-time Elders for several weeks in the summer. He actually is assigned to a full-time missionary) that was serving with an Elder in Monterrey, but went home early because of how the Elder treated him. The President told me he is going to try to put this kid with me, and my companion will serve with someone else in a different area. The kid wanted to meet me first before we started working so about 3 hours ago I met with him. His first words were, "I dont want to help you". The Elder he was with destroyed his mission experience and he has no desire to do this work anymore. He cancelled his mission papers and everything when he returned back to his house. Well, I talked with him today and got him to agree to finish these next 3 weeks with me. I dont expect it to be easy, he doesn't have a desire to do it, but I think I made it clear there is only One person he should be doing it for. He told me he doesn't want to talk to any of the people, or teach any of the lessons. I don't know how we will do it but the President asked me to do it, so it'll get done somehow.

This week we had Zone Conference. As always, it was really awesome and spritual. I always learn from what the Zone leaders teach us but I always learn the most from the simple testimony of the Mission President's wife. She emphasized the importance of the Book of Mormon in each of our lives and how we should apply it in our life. She made lasagna for all the missionaries. It was my companions first time he had eaten it and he LOVED IT. He had a good time as well and had to do that goofy dance cause he had a birthday.

To be honest, I'm emotionally drained. This week took it out of me. It has been really hard and I have been seeing everyone but my companion and I rejoice in success in their areas. I asked if I could talk in church on Sunday so they gave me a few minutes, in where I spoke on charity and one of my favorite Book of Mormon stories in Alma 29. We have 4 committments of members to help us out this week so we will see if we can scoop up from ground level.

Thank you all for your unfailing support, it gets me through all my weeks. I hope you all have an awesome day.
Elder Warner

Dear Mom,
Hey dear how are you doing? Oh, how excited I am to read your emails! I love getting them and just reading them over and over! Well, for your last email sorry I confused you all on my companion. The picture I sent with the guy in an arm sling is my companion (soon to be leaving), and the 2 other Elders lived with us in the same house. It was actually at the transfer site before we all went off to our separate areas. Elder Combe, the District leader, stayed in Piedras Negras. I noticed on the weekly mission email that he has 3 weeks in a row baptizing! I'm so happy he's doing good. He is in a hard area that hadn't baptised for 5 months before he got there. How was your vacation!? I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound. I prayed for you as always. Well, this week I recieved a package from you! Oh, how it lit up my week. Thank you so much!! I love your packages. I noticed you said that I look mature(er). I want to let you know I can grow semi-side burns. I have been really happy about that. Also, I live with Elder Hemsley, he is an awesome Elder!! He is really fun to be around and yes, it has been such a relief talking about biking with someone who knows a little about it. And like he said, we do have lots of bugs. LOTS. Cockroaches always in the kitchen. Every morning when I turn on the lights I just see them all scatter. The ants are out of control. I have to have EVERYTHING in a zip lock or there are millions of ants. No exageration! And the bat-sized moths are always fun to sleep with. You should see the size of the spiders not to mention. You asked if I need anything. I still have 2 shirts brand new I haven't used. Everything is holding up. I will be sending pictures of my shoes to dad soon to see if they qualify for the one year warranty. I loved your quotes last week. I write them on post it notes and put them in my planner to always remember. Other than that how are you doing?? How was your week and all? I'm so excited to read about it. I hope you're doing awesome, my love! Have a good day for me! I love you, mom. Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment