Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Letters Home

Dear Family,
"I've been studying Alma and his words of being a missionary. I like to compare his experience to mine, simply because of the sacrifices he made for this work. Alma and Amulek risked their lives and suffered to testify of Christ and speak through the spirit of Prophecy. From the days of Alma to the Missionary guide today, "Preach my Gospel" missionary work has always been centered on the Gifts of the Spirit. That is one of the things that I love and what divides us from the rest is that nothing has changed in this Gospel since the day Jesus Christ organized it".
"This work is hard. Very, very hard. But it could be harder. In these days we have it easy. We're not thrown into prison for preaching. It's similar in my mission because like the Nephites, we try to avoid 'weapons of war' from the Lamanites (Cartel). But that's about the only similarity of ages. (Just kidding, mom)"
I'm in a very hard area, at a hard time. But I've stepped back and been able to literally see the silver lining of what the Lord has in store for me. I've seen the blessings that He is patiently waiting to give me if I have the strength to fulfill the little of what He asks of me."
"I know that this is His work and I know this is the time He has provided me with! If I didn't, I wouldn't walk out into the 11 o'clock Mexican sun everyday. I am so grateful for you all. For your undying support that helps me through alot of this work. I love you all. Have a good day."
Your son, Elder Warner

Dear Dad,
My greatest blessing in life is being where I am right now. This Gospel means everything to me, it is my life. From learning what is important in this life, and gaining personal testimony of this Church are things that you have taught me. Without these two things, I wouldn't be out here. This is why I thank you for changing my life, for paving the way by example, without the knowledge of my observance, for teaching me without using any words and now I am here to share these teachings of what matters in this life to any who will listen. Happy Fathers Day.
Love, your son, Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment