Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, January 17, 2011

Week One in Chubbuck, Idaho

Mother! How are you doing? I'm going to be sending one large e-mail that you can forward to whoever (family) is interested. So ill give you the details so you’re not stressing. I'm in a little town called Chubbuck. That about says it all. It consists of a lot of trailer parks. I am loving it here we got spoiled with a little town home. We cover 4 wards and stay super busy. This is a complete turn around from the MTC everything is so real. It’s touching to knock doors and see the situations all these people are in. and how desperately these people could use the gospel. Some are more willing to listen than others, but I love them all. This past week we did a lot of tracting because the last missionaries didn’t keep up too well on the area book, so we have been working like mad. I fall asleep in a matter of minutes every night. It’s hard to even remember what happened this week cause it flew by so quickly. So for your questions, the area is nice, as you could guess with my luck I'm the only one who didn’t get put in a Spanish area, but it all happens for a reason. I only speak Spanish in my mind to try to keep it up so I don’t lose it. Mission president-really nice guy, very welcoming. First day was a lot we arrived after our 37-minute flight on this 20-passenger plane with 90% missionaries. Landed at the barn sized air port, we all had to laugh when we saw it, got our bags headed to the mission home, ate then sent off to do a few hours of tracting. Went back to the mission home, ate and had a testimony meeting, following went to the zone leaders home to spend the night, woke up and met our companions and went to work. Haven’t stopped since then everything is going very well I am loving the work. We're extremely busy. I hope all is well back at home I love you all. - Elder Warner

Family! How is everyone?! Wow, what a week! I can't believe the way time flies. I already said most everything in the email, but I'm going to share journal entry from 01/12/11: "I remember as a kid driving past the missionaries, and being so excited to see them. It hit me tonight that I am now one of them. I could not stop smiling while tracting tonight. It was one of my most cherishable experiences I have ever had. I feel like a true servant of the Lord. I am so excited for tomorrow! I love all these people here! I know it will be somewhat of a struggle trying to bring them unto Christ, but somehow and some way it will happen. I am already in love with this work. It will be an amazing experience. Changing these peoples lives forever! I love it! Everything is going well. The work is coming along and we made some pretty good damage this week. I'm extremely tired and am ready to start a new week! A real quick funny story: I met someone from Monterrey. The next day I noticed a calendar in our kitchen. It wasn't a temple calendar or anything but I flipped to see the picture of February and it was the picture of the Monterrey temple. It was crazy! Then the next morning during personal study, my companion was studying "Preach my Gospel" and was reading on page 157, about a man living in Monterrey, Mexico. We are taking it as some sort of a sign. I am so excited to go there eventually. But for now I'm excited for another day right where I am. I hope all is well at home. We did some shopping, lunch and bowling today. It was so fun but has caused me a lack of time. I have a family home evening we're teaching in 20 minutes so I gotta run.

Les Amamos! Elder Warner


Elder Warner inside an interesting fence made old skiis! - Chubbuck, Idaho.


Little bit of Mexico in Idaho!

Nice townhouse apt. for the missionaries!


Outskirts of town

Low-rider!

Satisfied, happy Elder tracting the streets of Chubbock, ID

No comments:

Post a Comment