Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, January 10, 2011

Last week of the MTC and off to the Idaho, Pocatello Mission

(Editor's note from the mom! We were able to speak to Bryan briefly on the phone at the airport before he left for Pocatello. He got there and was waiting for his flight but the phones were all busy and being used by other missionaries calling home. It was a big day for missionaries leaving that day. A kind man had mercy on Bryan and noticing he hadn't made his call yet and his time was short, came up to him and offered him his cell phone to call us. His flight was boarding just as we were able to speak to him. I knew I didn't have time to ask him my long barage of questions so we simply asked him to bear his testimony in Spanish. Wow! His dad and I were amazed and humbled at his in-depth testimony where we didn't understand the words but felt the Spirit so very strongly. After our conversation and we told him good-bye, I was so overwhelmed with gratitude for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for those who had taught him by the Spirit at the MTC. I knelt down and offered fervent prayer for the many blessings of having a missionary out and for our boy who was embarking on one the of most incredible experiences of his life! What a blessing this Gospel is in our lives!)

Family, how is everyone? I'm doing super well! So we're making progress! I'm actually going somewhere! I haven't heard about the place, the only time I have seen part of Idaho is when dad and I drove through it at Idaho Falls and it was pretty. So far I have heard Pocatello is cold and of course lots of potatoes. A lady who lives there said plain and simple I won't miss it when I leave. I thought that was kinda funny. I really am stoked to go there though. Mainly because I'm going for some reason because I'm the only one who got called there. My other friend in my district is heading to St. George tomorrow. Everyone else left Saturday morning. It was hard to see them go, I love them all.

For my journal entry-

01/08/11: The quick judgement of things highly lack thought. I had the attitude of being here [MTC] and into the field for so long. But didn't really think of how much I love it here. One of my favorite quotes, "You don't know what you have until it's gone." So very true. I love it here! I just packed out of my room to move in my new room with my new companion. It was hard to shut the door and leave those incredible memories behind. But it's all about looking forward. Because the memories and experiences I am about to make will forever and without a doubt be unforgettable.

Wish me luck! I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment