Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, November 15, 2010

Week Two - November 15, 2010

My sweet Mother,
First off, you are the best thing that has happened to me. You are the best support! I love your letters and how you somehow make time out of your busy schedule to write me everyday. Thank you! I hope you are doing well, especially this week. I thought about you on Tuesday. All you need to know is he [Michael] is in Paradise, safe and sound. As I learn more and more about the Gospel, my testimony strengthens on the Plan of Salvation. I love knowing that someone who is in my heart is in the final stage of God's Plan, Paradise. It is such a comfort. I am on my mission to teach families in Mexico about God's Eternal Plan. His perfected, glorified plan. I know the peace, comfort, happiness and sense of direction that I have with my family is a blessing that if I didn't share with others, I would be very selfish. I could elaborate on that forever but that's a brief summary of why I am here. I want to know how you are doing. Work, family life, just whatever. I miss you alot. I wish we could talk more, but what can you do. Please, please keep writing me; your letters make my day! I know it is probably annoying writing and getting no response, but I love hearing from you! Anyway, I hope you never worry about me. I'm the best I have ever been and will be well protected these next two years. You have given me everything I need and more so I'll let you know when I need anything. As for now, all I need is your prayers for my Spanish. Thanks for all your support. I love you! Again, don't take it personal that all my responses are brief. It's just that time goes like sand in a capsule. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
I love you,
Elder Warner

Dear Dad,
Awesome week! It flew by. I don't know the night from the morning anymore. I love being here. I haven't had one regret. I hope the family is doing awesome. I could imagine so. Time is golden here. I hardly have time to respond to anyone, but I love being busy. I hope the family had a good week, especially Tuesday [Nov. 9th]. If you ever need to know how he's [Michael] doing, just ask me. He's a good companion. Anyway, I have about a 5-page email from mom I need to read and hopefully reply in my eight minutes left. Sorry for such a brief reply but it's the best I can do. You know my situation. Very busy!
Much love,
Elder Warner

Dear Dad,
Emails don't mean the same so I'm using what time I have left to send a quick letter. The other night I noticed my companion didn't have his garment top on before he went to bed. I asked, "Where is your top?" He said, "I can't sleep with it." I said, "Do you want to wake up in the morning?" He was confused and replied with, "What?!" I said, "That's all I'm gonna say" and went to bed. He has worn them ever since. That's just something small of your example to me. I always think of what a good missionary you were and what an example it is to me. I have learned about the men who transform into a missionary for life and men that are missionaries for the two years that they serve. You have the strongest testimony out of anyone I know. Your knowledge passed to me has helped me understand the simplicity and power of this Gospel. I'm itching to get out into the field, but there is still so much to learn. It is amazing what you learn in a certain amount of time when you have the Lord on your side. I couldn't be here without that help. I hope all is well at home. Keep me updated.
Much love,
Elder Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment