Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving in the MTC

My dearest mother,
I cannot believe it has been a month. It's the longest I have been without my nurturing mother. I have learned alot of independence. But then again, it's not much different because you raised me to be able to take care of myself independently - which is a very good thing! Thank you! How was your Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving here was really good. Not the food, but the experience! From being here, I have realized how much I have to be thankful for. Alot of it being for my family. Anyway, this work is getting easier. Kinda. But it is so productive and progress continually rises. I want you to keep going to the Salt Lake temple. I miss that beautiful temple. Take advantage of it. Seriously. Also another thought - Elder Holland came to the Thanksgiving devotional. I was so excited to hear him speak! Then I thought of how I can't believe how excited I get to see an apostle, because I saw the Prophet about once a month in our ward. The Prophet of this church, the Prophet of God and how much I took advantage of being in his presence. So take advantage of the opportunity we have to see that man! What a blessing! I love you, dear. Thank you for everything you do for me. Hope to hear from you soon! Have a good day, my sweet mother.
Elder Warner

Dad,
Another week is another day! It's flying. The language is coming, the Gospel is coming. I made a goal to read the Book of Mormon before I leave. I started on Wed and I'm on page 110. It's remarkable how much I can understand it and how much more sense it is making to me. It's turning into an addiction. I love this work. I hope the family had a good Thanksgiving. I have alot to be thankful for. Hope work, family and the outside world is doing well.
Much love,
Elder Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment