Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 6 - Last week of this change!

HEY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!! How was your week? I can't believe mine is over already! Here's to a new one......

Well, I would like to share a few things I have learned in this past change. There are many, many things I was able to learn, one of which is taking the initiative.
I learned of the importance of acting for yourself.  One of my favorite drawing artists once quoted that, "many people never use their initiative because no one ever told them to."
The importance of what I have learned has helped me act upon impressions according to what I felt was right.  In this last change, there were many moments as we were walking past someone on the street, or a door, that I felt impressed by the Spirit to contact it, but had the mentality of, "Well, we're in a hurry for an appointment and I'm almost sure my companion will get angry, etc." This being a small example of which, I was able to see the blessings of acting upon what I felt I should do, or what was right in that moment despite negative thoughts or opposition.  For example, the family in the picture is a lady we contacted in the street while in a hurry to get home at night.  Maybe we were anxious to get home in the moment, but from taking the initiative, they are now applying the Gospel in their lives.
One other thing I would also like to share with you throughout these next few weeks are 6 goals I placed last June 2011. In the time of placing these goals, I thought for a long time of specific things I needed and desired to change in my mission, all of which have dates to accomplish them.
Goal 1: HOPE!  Develop the attitude necessary to always press forward knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Develop more faith and trust in the Lord that He will fulfill His promises to me. Overcome discouragement! (accomplish by 3-21-11)
I browsed through a few journal entries applying to the topic:
MTC-(LANGUAGE) 11-6-10 -- "..... I know that prayer and faith will help me receive the Gift of Tongues. I will continue to pray my heart out."
IDAHO-(BITTER COLD) 1-17-11 --"..... Tracting in bitter cold, not much success, but there is always tomorrow."
MONCLOVA-(SUCCESS) 8-24-11 -- "..... The devil plays such a grand part in each of our personal faith. I have noticed it is such a simple trigger, such as our thoughts of hope, or in opposition - thoughts of discouragement and failure... it has been interesting finding out that our success is based on thoughts of hope.  Such a simple thought change creates such a dramatic outcome and allows the Lord to do His part."
These are only a few examples and learning opportunities I came across. I have learned that the cure is TRUST. 
I look forward to another incredible opportunity in this next change, starting today! 
Love you all. The work is true, and marvelous.
Elder Warner

Hey sweet mom!! How are you!?!?
Things are flyin' over here. I am really excited for changes tonight to see what happens. Whatever happens, it will be the best change of my mission. 
I was happy to hear of the many things you told me in your last email, including about Taran and his farewell/my homecoming. That will be awesome. 
Yes, I got my flight itinerary. I try not to think about it. But I will be flyng to Texas, to California, to Utah and arriving around 7:30 at night. 
Also, does the bishop have a certain topic he would like me to talk on or how is that going to work?
Ok, enough of that talk......
It sounds like things are going really well over there. Same over here! I only wish my emails could express fully what this mission means to me! I try to touch a little on the things I learn, but it just doesn't come out fully. Either way, just know I am learning soooo much each day.
I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!
And I love you!!! Thanks for all you do, you're incredible.
Love, Bryan



No comments:

Post a Comment