Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, August 20, 2012

Week One! We stay in Las Puentas!

Hey Fam and Friends!
Here we are at changes again. Drum roll? Still here in the ol' area, Las Puentes! 
I am sure I mentioned a while ago when I was in Buenos Aires about one of the zone leaders named Elder Fuentes.  He is my new companion, and I will be sending him off, as well. My third companion in a row to send off. He's a great guy and an awesome leader. He's my third companion from Peru, he's 24 years old and a convert at age 14. At his home, his mom and two sisters are members of the church but his dad and older brother are still waiting for their time.   We had a good week working here. He said he's loving it a lot more than his last area in Monclova from the heat (my area a year ago).  The first door we knocked on was a less active woman who isn't on our member list.  She was very kind and has many intentions to become closer to God.  Her husband passed away 3 years ago and she currently lives with her son, daughter and grand daughter. About two weeks ago, her son started searching for a church to go to to fix a few of his life problems.  We were able to bring them to church yesterday. I ask if you can pray for them, - Alberto and Xomara.
One cool missionary moment we had this week was watching our convert, Bibiano (mustache) fill out his first tithing slip. Something simple but big steps of conversion.  We look forward to another week of incredible experiences.  I love you all tons and wish the best week for all of you.....
Elder Warner

P.S. My "son" Elder Canul got his first "son" meaning I am now a grandpa!
My new companion is the one with juice in his hands....

Elder Warner with new companion, Elder Fuentes (pink tie)

Elder Warner and Elder Canul (R), who he trained, and Elder Canul's new companion who he is training (L).

Elder Warner and Elder Hemsley enjoying a little Mexican food on Transfer day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment