Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 5 in Las Puentas!

HEY HEY!!! How are you all! Well, I'm back. I am sure you could guess today was temple day! It was so good to go again. We had another great week here in Las Puentes, maybe one of those weeks where you notice many small miracles.  From memory, I will try to share a few of my last week's journal entries.The picture with the lady reading that "blue book" is one of our investigators named B. We actually just found B. knocking a few doors, after planning the night before to contact in that area. She was a very kind lady that let us pass by on the contact to share a short message with her.  We shared a little about repentance and took off. The next day she told us she had read the pamphlet we left and really liked it.  She said it's what she has been looking for in these last few months. In that same lesson we asked her to offer the closing prayer.  She was a little hesitant but she did it.  It was an awesome, simple prayer but afterwards we just sat there for a minute and she started crying. We shared a brief testimony and left.  Next visit we gave her a Book of Mormon, on which arriving to the following visit, we caught her reading it when we showed up. (it's one of those missionary moments that just makes everything worth it.)  We had left her to read Alma 7.  What I loved was the fact that this is a lady who was born and grew up with the bible her whole life, but when we placed the Book of Mormon in her hands, she told us the next day that she felt as if "God was literally talking right to her". Well, we had her hermanador (member support) pick her up Sunday for church. She loved it and is preparing for baptism. I look forward to another week of incredible learning experiences. I love it. I know this church is true. Elder Warner


Hey sweet mother!!! How on earth are you doing!? Things are going really well over here as always. There is never a bad day. Thats what I love about the mission. Something I liked about this week was hearing a few words from the A.P. about how easy our life is right now. How in this time we don't have any thing to worry about "according to finances, school, work, mother in laws etc"..It helped me remember that we really do have it easy, even though it is the hardest work in the world. I still have alot of time left. It makes me wonder how many peoples lives can be changed in 3 months. A ton!! To answer your question I really love being at this phase of my mission. We know how the work is and what we are expected to do. Despite the experience and all, I still wake up some days with those jitters as if it's something new. I love it all. I am so excited for changes next week. It feels like Christmas! I love you tons! Hope you have an incredible week!  Your son, Elder Warner
       



No comments:

Post a Comment