Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 2 - Baptism!

HEY ALL!!! How are we doing this week?!? Over here we had a huuuge week! I would love to start with last Sunday.  We saw a lot of results from last weeks efforts up until Saturday. When Sunday came, some of the investigators weren't able to show up for church. It was a let down for a bit but we tried to keep our heads up with a smile on. We sat by a few less actives scattered in the room. I noticed my companion saying a prayer after many of his hopes went down.  A few moments later, a man showed up at church alone. We were a little confused, but then started talking to him. He said he recently completed 83 years and didn't think he would live to see it. He was searching for a spiritual cure.  When he came in contact with us, he said that he saw two American missionaries with a smile on their faces and started asking around for where the church of those two young men was located. He showed up sunday and said he needs what we have.  We almost didn't believe it at first but it simply was a miracle. We were so blessed from the fruit of overcoming trials.
This morning we got permission to do our studies up in one of Monterey's famous mountains called the Chipinque. We woke up at 5:00 a.m. and headed up for an hour hike to the top. As the sun was rising, we were all able to pull out our scriptures and study material and enjoy the beautiful nature scene. One of those moments where you can soak in the depths of life.  We were able to have our last interview with the President this week. I love him, it will be hard seeing him go. The interview was incredible. One of my favorites. He is powerful man that I respect and look up to.  My companion and I worked together Wednesday and Sunday last week together.  We have been scattered on divisions getting to know our missionaries better.  Things are going very well.  I'm lovin' life.  Love you all, Elder Warner

HI MOMMMMM!!!!! Goodness, it feels like I haven't heard from you in forever!!! How are you doing?!?! I could imagine that you are sitting on the relaxing Cali beach as we speak, you bum. I also had my realm of Heavenly Fathers nature this morning. It was a really cool experience for me being able to soak in those things I love doing.  Well, as you saw, this week was super busy but super incredible.   I still have no idea how it all turned out to be.  We were so richly blessed.
How was Michelle's graduation?  I remember thinking that was going to be one of the things I would miss most about not being there.  But I'm so proud of her for accomplishing what she has done.  Please give her a huge hug for me. Well, I just want to tell you I'm so grateful to have you in my life.  There is not a day that goes by when I don't think how incredibly blessed I am to have such an INCREDIBLE mother as I do. It is one of my life's most incredible blessings. Keep being the amazing original person you are. There is no one like you.  I love you to death, mom!!!  Bryan.

Dear Dad, Here's another mission miracle.  We were very grateful for the hand of the Lord we have witnessed.  It comes to show you, you are hardly anything without Him. Things are going very well.  I have loved being able to refresh my mind again after so long of not being in the nature of God's creations. I love this work.  I love the Gospel. I love my Heavenly Father.  Love my family, too. Big B.








No comments:

Post a Comment