Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, December 12, 2011

Week 1 in Cuidad Acuna, Mexico!!


Elder Warner and his companion, Elder Canun, in their apartment, shortly before Bryan was transferred back up to the border of Acuna, Mexico.


HELLO!! How is everyone? What a week! Well, changes came ... I am sitting in a place I'm familiar with once again. They threw me back in Piedras Negras! But this time I'm in who knows where land. It's the furthest point of the mission in a place called Acuna. Once again on the boarder of Texas. We're 3 companionships here, about 2 hours away from the zone. And it is freeeezing! We're in another branch but it's about the same size as my last ward. The members are awesome, I already feel like I'm at home. About my area, it's huge! It is a lot different from any area I have ever had. It has its ups and downs and we just spend a lot of time on the busses! Other than that it is all good.

I am thinking the area is a little safer than others but then again when we got back home the second day here the army was sitting in front of our house. By army, I mean about 40 soldiers with their hummers and guns what looked like they were ready to tear down a house. Who knows, we just greeted them, walked by and started planning for the next day. My new companion is awesome, and I love him. He has about 6 months in the mission. He is the fourth of his family to serve a mission.

Well, let me explain my day yesterday. So our church starts at 2, super late. So in the morning we got ready and went out for a while to invite some people. Not to mention what seemed to be a homeless guy we invited showed up. We got to church, they let me know 5 minutes before that I would be speaking on conversion. But that's not the story, the story is by this hour we were starving so after church we went to eat. We were super ready to eat. We got there, sat down and got to know the family. Then from that point I saw everything in slow motion. As the lady came from the kitchen all went silent. I saw the bowl she was bringing directly to me. I tried not to make a scene but I knew exactly what was going down. She set it down and I tried to make it look like it was my favorite meal. Yes, the day came. My first time eating Menudo. I have only heard about it and thought i just had mad luck cause I havent tried it yet. Well, I'm sure you can look it up on the internet but a short description is that it is cow stomach. I tried it and didn't do so well. So the majority of my meal was the bread I soaked in with the blood soup to make it look like I ate a lot. Well, to this point I'm still not sick but I'll keep you updated.

Love you all! Elder Warner

Dear Mom,
Hey sweetheart! How are you this week!
We are doing good here, you will hear about my transfers in a bit. I'll give you more of the details next week. Things are going reallly well. The first week is always a little rough but we always get by. I am really blessed to be where I am and to have warm clothes! Well, to sum that up real quick the night I got here, I didn't sleep because it was seriously soooo cold and the heater is broken. So I opened the packages you sent me to see if there was anything to keep me warm and I found the best gift ever (t-shirt quilt)! I know I spoiled the Christmas gift but I have never been so comforted with the gift you sent me. I really am so thankful for what you did,, mom that must have taken forever! More than that, the significance of it is so sentimental. I absolutely love it! With all those cozy shirts of papa and all my family members it's incredible. Thank you so much! I also opened the sweaters and jacket and pajamas. yes so basically I only have one package left but I'm so glad you sent these things because I need them desperately.
At this point I only ask one thing, that if you could send me a Christmas CD. I am dying without the Christmas season and no one really celebrates it here! I need some holiday in the house so if you could throw some MoTab Christmas that would be saweet!
Well, I really liked what you said about grandpa and his tithing. He is such an example to all of us and I love that man so much! I love telling stories like that to the people because they love hearing life experiences. About the barrettes you made, I have only given out a few out but I will get on it for the Christmas season to get them out. Real quick for Christmas calling. Wow! That just hit me that it is 2 weeks away! Ay! Ok, well I am guessing I'll go the the church because I don't know anyone here but I'll try to find out more but I think you call us so I dont know if you still have your calling card. Either way you know these things stress me out but it will all work out fine. I love you, my dear mother, and I hope you have an
awesome week! Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment