Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Week 6 - Final week in Monclova, Mexico


The day before Bryan got transferred, he and his zone on their P-day, went to a protected park called Cuatro Cinegas:
The valley of Cuatrociénegas, in central Coahuila, México has the greatest number of endemic species of any place in North America (Stein et al, 2000). With its high biodiversity and more than 70 endemic species, this approximately 1000 square km desert valley that lies about 270 km SSE of Big Bend National Park, Texas ranks near the Galapagos Islands in terms of the world's unique ecosystems. Much of its biotic diversity is associated with an incredibly diverse complex of thousands of geothermal springs, marshes, lakes and streams. Variation among springs in terms of discharge, water chemistry and temperature is extensive, and often extreme over very small spatial scales. Most water is high in total dissolved solids, a fact largely responsible for this area not having long ago been converted to agriculture or industry. Threats to biodiversity include continued water exploitation, exotic species, industrial development, rapidly increasing tourism and population growth. Most of the valley's endemic plants and animals are listed by the Mexican government as threatened or endangered and in 1994 most of the valley floor was declared a Natural Protected Area by the federal government.










Hey Everyone!!! Well, we got here once again. End of change. To summerize my week, it was frickin' sweet!

Today, as you can see from the pictures - we had an all day tour in a place called Cuatro Cinegas. It is just natural Mexican land but it's really pretty. We all packed up at 6 in the morning and took a 2 hour bus ride there as a zone. I love the zone I am in, it has been one of my favorites of all my mission. I can guess I'll be sent out of here tomorrow which is exciting but I am really sad.

This week we also had Zone Conference! You all know how much I LOVE Zone Conferences and I would have to say this was my favorite Zone Conference of all of them. In my journal I wrote, " Today was one of the best Zone Conferences I have ever had. More than everything I learned today, it was the strongest, most spiritual experience. I have never felt and realized the emotions of the mission so strong and powerful. One of the things I love that I learned is what we are entrusted with - the small and simple things that we don't realize. I felt so assured that what I'm doing is the most important thing I will ever do in my life. It hit me that time really is so short. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I'm part of the Army."

To finish up some of the most important things I have learned in this last transfer were:
  • To love everyone. How can i teach of love if I don't love each and everyone of them?
  • Seeing them as if they were your literal brothers and sisters.
  • Introducing the Book of Mormon by applying it in their life.
  • They have accepted me in this area, and ward, now what will I do for them?
I have such a strong love for this work. Each moment of each day, my love for it strengthens. Nothing means more to me than this work right now. I LOVE IT.
And I love it because I know it's true.
Elder Warner

Dear Family,
Ok real fast before I forget to explain the pictures.
This is me and Elder Hemsley. Even though were just joking around, I really have grow close to the kid this last change. He is such a good friend to me and I have looved being with him. He is a big inspiration and I am sad to be leaving him after 4 and a half months!
The second, well I have to show you that I am still me. Wild and crazy.
Third, here is my new companion
How was your week this week? Can you believe it is December!? No way! Almost the New year. I really love Christmas season. It has such a distinct spirit. Especially in the family. There is a lot to take advantage of in this time as missionaries, to teach the families of the love they need in this time. Things are going really well mom. I feel like I have learned a lot of what I needed to and things have been put in drive after trying to find the gears. I just feel happy. How better can I explain myself. I really do miss the family especially in this time. But I am so excited for my FIRST MEXICAN CHRISTMAS! Woowoo! Well, I will keep you updated as of right now, I love your guts! Bryan




No comments:

Post a Comment