Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, November 5, 2012

Last week of the Mission! Coming HOME!!!

Family and Friends,

When I imagined being at this keyboard for the last time, I pictured myself trying to look through my tears at the screen. But to be honest, I feel content.
I feel like this is it. I have done what I needed to do. Upon arriving here on Mexican soil, the President asked me ´what I expected to accomplish in these 2 years.´ I remember perfectly sitting right in front of him and saying, "I want to help at least one family come unto the Gospel,"  As time went on, my envision of this moment, this family coming to the waters of baptism was imagined as my very last Sunday on my mission. The final bang. Being now, the following day, I am unable to say this happened.  
But as I sat in that last Spanish Sacrament meeting next to our little convert Sammy, I felt like I have done all I can. And although this dream never turned out as I saw it, I have never in my life never felt so incredible grateful to my Heavenly Father for the unforgettable moments, memories, experiences and miracles that have forever impacted my life from this point on and forever. I have experienced what I never imagined. I have been given more than I could ever ask for. I don't feel any regret for one single thing that has occurred in these previous 2 years. Every single thing that has happened has taught me a lesson, impacted my life, enhanced my goals, broadened my horizon, and paved the path for what my life will be in this mortal time.
I feel happy. 
I could never end, telling the countless experiences that have happened, but if I could say one thing it would be this -- I know, of absolute assurity, that this IS the true and restored Gospel of the One who gave us life, of the One who has prepared an Eternal Plan. I know that this plan exists, its real. I have witnessed it change lives and countless future lives of those here in Monterrey Mexico. I know that the Atonement of our Savior is the only hope we have for a meaningful and happy life. 
This is it, not seeing it as the end of something anymore, rather the beginning of whatever is to come in this next step of my life. I feel as Moroni in his final words, "y ahora me despido de todos. Pronto iré a descansar en el paraíso de Dios, hasta que mi espíritu y mi cuerpo de nuevo se reúnan, y sea llevado triunfante por el aire, para encontraros ante el agradable tribunal del gran Jehová, el Juez Eterno de vivos y muertos. Amén."-Moroni 10:34
We will be seeing each other soon, I thank you all for your support and helping make this what it has been to me.
Elder Warner.

"....the time of my departure is at hand.  I have fought a good fight.  I have finished my course of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."  2 Timothy 4: 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment