Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Mexico, Monterrey West Mission

Monday, May 30, 2011

Transfer 3, Week 4

Hola! How are you all?  We had a good week, it flew by. We have found 2 people through references that we have been working with this week.  They both are hesitant on baptism.  They both want to learn more before they make any decisions.  Which is good because they are actually looking at the importance of it, but it can have a down side as well 'cause it's hard to make a goal and may not turn out.  Either way we're helping them grow in the Gospel so its even.  Other than that, we have almost contacted out our area so we talked with the bishop to see how we can work with members better and he's going to call a Mission leader in our ward this week.  So we're hoping that will help this area out.  We got to 45 grados this week which is 113 degrees.  It was legit.  Oh yeah, and my companion got hit by a car on Saturday.  I usually leave these "Mexico facts" out but its sad how many people you see driving with a beer in their hand.  So this guy totally swerved into my companion when we were on our way home about 9:10 P.M.  Luckily he was only going about ten miles an hour.  But he hit him and just kept driving for about a quarter mile until the car in front of him stopped.  The cops got there and arrested him and took off. So he spent Saturday night in the hospital with a few bruises on his leg and foot.  I left him there with the Zone leader because we had 2 investigators that were coming to church.  So  Sunday morning  I called a sister in the ward for a ride so her 2 sons, with one holding the Priesthood, showed up at my house and the car was filled with this Mexican gang of one of the brothers, so I hopped in and stared out the window until we got to church.  Only one of the investigators showed but she has a goal for her baptism next week so we're praying.  That's my week until this point.  Hope all is well.  We have zone conference this week! I'm super excited so I'll let you know how it went next week. - Elder Warner

"This was a tarantula was off the street. Meaning yeah, I have learned patience, diligence, perseverance and all that, but the one thing that my mission has changed in my life is overcoming my fear of spiders, haha. 
Here's proof!"
(Editor's note:  This is indeed a milestone!  Bryan used to call for us to remove garden spiders off his bedroom wall at home.  Scared to death of them!)

"Writing on the wall says that the house is for sale with the door bricked up. 
I dunno, to me it was funny."


There are always wild chickens running around in the houses we teach in.

My companion and I at the hospital, after he was hit by a car on our way home from tracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment